SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Autumn Inspirations


I love, love, love spending time on Pinterest. I've been looking for inspiration for our front porch for fall and have found so many good ideas. I'm planning on painting our front door red - that never seems to go out of style. And I definitely like the chalkboard idea {I'll I put a chalboard just about anywhere}. I'm also thinking about adding some curtains. I like the softness they would add and the fact that you can close them for privacy. I'm making my plans now so I can get started once we're back from the beach. How are you decorating your porch?


I've been seeing lots of textured pillows popping up for fall...linen, corduroy, etc.  The pillows pictured above are $29.99 at Pottery Barn {on sale now for $19.99}. I need way too many pillows to buy them at that price, but I do have a few old corduroy skirts that could easily be made into pillows - just add a row of  black buttons. The pillows I made for summer turned out pretty well, so I'm going to try it again for fall.

So much to do, so much fun to have. Oh, how I love fall and all the fun it brings. Now I'm off to enjoy a cup of chai and listen to the rain.

Coming tomorrow: Cranberry Orange Biscotti

Credits:
Porch pictures all from Pinterest
Pillows - Pottery Barn

2 comments :

  1. Fall is my favorite season. I've got a few pillows in my plans also..making them from damaged or stained sweaters and a corduroy shirt.
    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my favorite season too. And I love creating great new accessories without spending a dime! Be sure to send me a pic of your creations.

    ReplyDelete