SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Red Velvet Cheese Ball



I promised you a great recipe today and here it is... Are you ready for this? Red Velvet Cheese Ball! How did I not know about this?!? I HEART red velvet.  I came across this recipe last week when I was searching for a good red velvet brownie recipe and could not wait to try it. It's an original recipe from Taste and Tell and is showing up on pintrest now too.  It's easy to make and so pretty too.  I rolled mine in mini semi-sweet chocolate chips as the recipe instructs but think mini white chocolate chips would be great too. Try it soon and let me know what you think. 

Red Velvet Cheese Ball
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup mini chocolate chiops
assorted cookies/crackers (Vanilla Wafers)

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the cake mix, brown sugar and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.

Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Put the chocolate chips on a plate or shallow dish. Remove cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. Please on a serving plate and serve with cookies/crackers.

Note ~ the rolling-in-chocolate-chips step can be a bit messy. I kept the bottom in plastic wrap as I dipped/rolled and it worked fine. 

Post a Comment