SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Amish Custard


This year I'm making two dishes for our Easter dinner. For dessert I'm making a treat called Amish Custard (see yesterday's post for Loraine's Macaroni Salad). It's not really a custard, so I'm not sure how it got its name.  I love all things Amish, so it's no surprise that I adore this dessert. It's a delicious blend of sweetened cream cheese & chocolate on a flaky pecan crust. There's never any left over, so sometimes I make two to be sure we have some to eat at home. I hope this dish makes it on your Easter menu.

We usually go to Amish Country in Ohio twice a year  - June and October.  It's a nice, relaxing two days filled with food, shopping and a buggy and train ride for Landon.  Once we're back home, I try to live the simple life, much to Mike's amusement (that man really loves me, you guys!). It usually doesn't last long, but it does always cause me to take time to reflect on how simple life could be without the daily distractions we allow - but that's another post.

Happy Easter! Jesus lives & because He was victorious over sin & death, we too can be.

Amish Custard
1 c. flour
1 stick butter
1 c. chopped pecans
8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. Cool Whip
Instant chocolate pudding

Melt butter, add flour and pecans. Spread mixture in bottom of 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden. Let cool. Make pudding according to directions on box. Mix cream cheese & powdered sugar, add Cool Whip & stir until blended well. Spread cream cheese mixture onto cooled crust, followed by chocolate pudding. Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle with chopped pecans.


Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment