I've been seeing a recipe for not-fried ice cream cake on Facebook and Pinterest. I've had several failed recipes from Pinterest, so I wasn't sure about this at first and almost scrolled on past. But after reading through the recipe and comments, I decided to try it out for Father's Day. Oh.My.Gosh... I am so glad I did. It tastes just like the real thing!! I'd think I was at Chi Chi's if I ate it with my eyes closed. (Who else misses Chi Chi's like we do?!) The family loved it so much it was requested again for our 4th of July cookout.
Not Fried Ice Cream Cake
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups of crushed cornflakes
- 1.75 quart container vanilla ice cream
- 1 8oz tub of Cool Whip
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- honey for drizzling
Leave Ice Cream out to soften for 30 minutes
For the Crust: In a Skillet -
- Melt butter then add sugar and salt. Stir until fully combined. (about 2-3 minutes)
- Add cornflakes and cook for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Mix ice cream, Cool Whip and cinnamon
- Press about 1/2 the cornflake mixture into the bottom and let cool
- Spread ice cream mixture over the crust.
- Top with remaining cornflake mix.
- Throw in the freezer for a few hours.
- Take out, drizzle with honey & serve.