SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Chocolate Turtles


I had planned to do a lot of baking on Saturday. It was just that kind of day. I was ready to try a new recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies & a few other things, but a fussy & teething toddler had different ideas. And a day of cuddling & playing peek-a-boo didn't sound bad either.

During nap time, I did try out one new recipe and I have to share it with you. It is so unbelievably simple & delicious. And so much better than the boxes of turtles you buy in the stores.  The taste of the pecans really comes through, which I love. For a gourmet touch, you could add a sprinkle of sea salt to the melting chocolate. 

I can already picture how cute these will look in little gift boxes for Christmas gifts.   


Pecan Halves
Caramel Squares
Chocolate candy melts (I used Wilton)

Preheat oven to 325. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Make 12 small piles of pecans, 2-3 pecan halves each.
Unwrap caramel squares & put on small plate.

Microwave 20-25 seconds until malleable. Flatten each square of caramel & press onto pecans. Bake for 2-3 minutes. Remove from oven.

Top each with a chocolate candy melt, return to oven for about 2 minutes. Remove from oven & swirl chocolate with the back of a spoon. Allow the caramel and chocolate to cool and set before removing candies from the pan.  

1 comment :

  1. My mouth is watering Love turtles . Thanks for the recipe will be trying for a Xmas treat.

    ReplyDelete