SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Back {with a great recipe}

I'm back. I hope you missed me. My schedule has definitely been chaotic the past few weeks. And I'm still on call for more jury duty. I like a set schedule, so I'm feeling quite unsettled.


I always thought jury duty would be fun and interesting. Well, the interesting part is right. The fun...not so much. When you're actually on a jury, you realize what a solemn responsibility it is. It has been great seeing our legal system at work, but being an actual part of the decision making process is extremely stressful. I was on one criminal case and one civil case. On the criminal case I was actually the foreperson. This trial tore me up, taking its toll on me emotionally and physically. I would be sick every night to the point of vomiting and in tears, even for a few days afterward. Now that it's all over, I still cry when I think about it. Did I make the right decision? Did I possibly miss some tiny detail that could have been important? Honestly, I do believe this case will haunt me for the rest of my life. 

Moving on to some fun... I am definitely looking forward to this weekend. I got Landon the cutest little outfit to wear. One nice thing about jury duty is the LONG lunch break and the fact that the mall  is just one block from the courthouse. On Saturday we're planning a big family breakfast, a visit to the cemetery and the flea market, followed by a late afternoon cookout. I'm sure we'll pull out the firepit too...you can't start the summer season off without S'mores.


I love making these S'mores truffles.  They are just amazing. A mini marshmallow tucked inside chocolate ganache and rolled in graham cracker crumbs. It's as easy as it is delicious. To make them extra special, add some Kaluha to the ganache.

S'mores Truffles
Recipe courtesy Sugar Plum

2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups milk chocolate chips (12 oz.)
24 mini-marshmallows
1 cup finely crushed graham crackers

Directions:
Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat; whisk in cream and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Chill saucepan in refrigerator for 1 hour, or until chocolate is solid and rollable; roll into 24 balls, stuffing a mini marshmallow into the center of each. Chill truffles a few minutes before rolling in graham cracker crumbs; chill for a few minutes again so they solidify a little more.

Makes 24 truffles
Tomorrow - S'mores Cupcakes
Thursday - Easy S'mores Pops

1 comment :

  1. Sorry that the trial was so hard on you. You rightly took your responsibility very seriously...
    Love the look of these smores. This is one I will be trying.

    ReplyDelete