SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mozzarella-Stuffed Chicken Parm Meatballs


I came across this recipe a while back and thought of it when I was making my grocery list for the week. Mike loves chicken parm and spaghetti & meatballs, so I thought this would be a fun twist. I used parmesan herb panko and string cheese cut into nugget-size pieces. The meatballs were super easy to make and while they were baking I had plenty of time to prepare the pasta. I used cavaletti because I love the fun, curly shape.

How did the meal turn out? Mike LOVED it and declared it a keeper. Landon enjoyed it too. Me, I wasn't so sure... The meatballs had a great taste, but I wasn't crazy about the texture and thought they were just a little tough {possibly from overmixing}. I am going to try them again, making them a bit smaller, more of an appetizer size and served with a marinara dipping sauce. They would be perfect on a buffet.


Mozarella-Stuffed Chicken Parm Meatballs

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup chopped shallots
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground chicken
1 1/4 cups parmesan herb panko
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks string cheese, cut into nuggets

Preheat oven to 350˚F. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a small skillet and sauté shallots for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and sauté one additional minute.

Lightly mix together shallots, ground chicken, 1/4 cup panko and salt in a large bowl. Carefully encase each mozzarella nugget evenly with ground chicken mixture and then roll each ball in remaining 1 cup panko until evenly coated. Place balls on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes at 350˚F or until chicken is cooked through. Serve with pasta and marinara sauce.

Post a Comment