SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So Simple Chocolate Pudding Pie


Yesterday Landon and I snuggled up on the couch and watched Mickey's Christmas Special. It's been such a hot summer, that snow was looking pretty nice. Seriously, I am just about over summer and can't wait for the cool and crisp days of autumn. 

Sunday morning Landon ate cornmeal pancakes for the first time and LOVED them. He loves cornbread so I wasn't surprised. I was baking cornbread for dinner early in the day before it got too hot to turn the oven on {even with central air, this heat is relentless}.  I saved a bit of the batter and made him six little silver dollar size pancakes. Topped with maple syrup, he at them right up. 

I also did a no-bake dessert on Sunday. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Karen. We love this pie! 

So Simple Chocolate Pudding Pie
1 pkg. (3.9 oz.) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
1-1/2 cups  cold milk
1 OREO Pie Crust (6 oz.)
2 cups  thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, divided

Beat pudding mix and milk with whisk for two minutes. Spoon half into crust.  

Stir 1 cup COOL WHIP into remaining pudding; spoon over pudding layer in crust. 

Top with remaining COOL WHIP. Refrigerate 3 hours.

1 comment :

  1. Yum on the cornmeal pancakes...see why Landon loves them .... also like the easy dessert , my granddaughter might just like making that......

    ReplyDelete