SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Red Velvet Cake Balls


It's day two of our countdown to Valentine's Day. And doesn't red velvet just scream Valentine's Day? I first tried making these cake balls for Valentine's Day 2010 when I was looking for a different way to surprise Mike than with our usual red velvet cake. These were an immediate hit. I'm going to make some over the weekend to share with my favorite boys.

Red Velvet Cake Balls
courtesy www.bakerella.com

1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed using 13 X 9 pan)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 two-pound bag chocolate wafers (I melted in Wilton Chocolate Melter)
wax paper

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (Use your hands, but be warned it will get messy)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (I used a mini ice cream scooper)
4. Chill for several hours. (I chilled overnight)
5. Melt chocolate.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)

1 comment :

  1. Yum on the cake pops and the cheese cake........ Landon is growing very quickly......

    ReplyDelete