SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Flowers, Flowers Everywhere


I love seeing all the hanging baskets and flowers out at Capitol Market right now. I was there just the other day and the scent of all the pretty, bright-colored flowers was so relaxing ~ almost like an aromatherapy session. I didn't find quite what I was looking for, but I had fun looking. I'm going to Amish Country soon and am hoping to find the same red, white & blue flower baskets I purchased last year that go so well with our porch theme and the colors of summer. I'll show you those once I have them. 

Any time I'm shopping for flowers or working outside, I can't help but think of my grandma. She loved her flowers and dedicated so much time to them. In the summer she would always be covered in scratches from her rose bushes. We all laugh remembering how she'd be covered from head to toe in orange mercurochrome. Such sweet memories.    

How are your spring/summer flowers and gardens doing?

Post a Comment