SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ready for Summer


Memorial Day is the big summer kick-off for us, as I suppose it is for everyone. We spend the whole weekend having fun outside, enjoying the sun, games & lots of summer foods. Our Saturday usually starts with a family breakfast at Twin Hills and then we visit the graves of our loved ones.  My dad and maternal grandfather are buried side-by-side and on Memorial Day 2009, I prayed quietly at their graves for them to send us a baby from up there in Heaven. And you know what? Landon came to us exactly three months later. Oh, the power of God and prayer just gives me chills.

After we leave the cemetery, we usually go to the local flea market. Then it's home for our burgers, hotdogs and lots of fun. Ally and I love singing and then telling ghost stories around the fire pit. It's such a fun day.

Today, to start the festivities a little early, I'm listing my favorite things about summer, in no particular order...

Ice cold Coke in glass bottles (a summer-time treat)
Flip Flops
Sundresses
Pink & Peach Lip Gloss
Lightning Bugs
Blowing Bubbles
Watermelon

I'm also sharing my recipe for S'mores Pops again. These have become our summer favorite. Make them on Thursday and store in an airtight container to enjoy all weekend! 

2 comments :

  1. Yum on the smores! Enjoy the weekend, sounds like lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosemary. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete