SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 25, 2012

Good Old Days


I feel just a little old when I talk or post about "the good old days", but there are some things that I truly miss from childhood. Soda in glass bottles is one of the things I miss the most. My dad worked for both Coke and Pepsi, so needless to say, we always had soda in the house. Remember those 16 ounce glass bottles? There was nothing better than taking an ice-cold bottle from the freezer. I even remember getting 16 ounce glass bottles out of machines. I guess it's just not a practical way to produce now, but the plastic or cans available today cannot compare to that taste.

We actually don't  drink much soda now, but I do enjoy the little glass bottles of Coke still available. We always have them as a treat in the summer. It's a way of sharing a part of our childhood with the kids in our family. We'll have a metal tub full of ice and Coke in the front yard on Saturday for everyone to enjoy.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment :

  1. I so agree with you Loved the glass bottles and you are right they stayed cold...... Sigh!

    ReplyDelete