SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 16, 2012

Faith Believing

We learned some sad and scary news last Monday.  My father-in-law has been diagnosed with cancer. It's a type of skin cancer that was discovered from a lump in his inner thigh/groin area. We're slowly learning more about his diagnosis as he continues to have testing done and his doctors come up with a treatment plan. We're praying {and believing} that it's been caught early enough that it's easily treatable. 

I feel terribly sad for my husband. He's been incredibly calm through this and I'm the one who has shed a few tears. Mike is so very strong and doesn't cry until there's a solid reason to do so. I cry because I hate that ugly "C" word so very much.  I cry because with that one word, lives change in an instant. I cry for my mother-in-law because I see fear in her eyes and because I love my husband so much I never want to feel that kind of fear for him. And while I do believe that my father-in-law will be just fine, I hate all the fear and uncertainty that go along with just hearing that word.

I've realized that along with the joys of raising my own family, I still long for my younger days. I want to go back to being the younger generation...back to the days when my cousins and I were the kids and my grandparents were still here and enjoying life. I don't like being "in the middle" and watching our own parents age. Can you tell I'm a little emotional today? 

But I will claim victory. Because in the midst of all this fear, crying and uncertainty, there is joy and faith. Ephesians 3:20 is my favorite scripture. It brings a peace and calmness and reminds us that God is in complete control.  ~ God is able to do immeasurably more than all we could ask or imagine. ~  Please keep our family in your prayers. 

Post a Comment