SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

planning a party


Here's a sneak peek at Landon's upcoming birthday party. I love how the invitations turned out. Jessica at Pen n' Paper Flowers is a dream to work with. Be sure to check out her shop and blog. She has some pre-mades available and can also customize any theme you come up with.

I have lots left to do to get ready for his party and am also trying to finish up his big boy bedroom. I finally settled on his bedding and ordered it this morning. A few more finishing touches and it will be all done. I can't wait to see it finished and his reaction. Once everything is done, I'll be doing a room reveal and sources post. 

How many of you have a sewing machine at home? I truly need one {my hand-stitched pillows will attest to this} but have to admit I'm a bit intimidated. When I've used machines in the past, I've always had problems with the bobbins, tension, etc. Any suggestions on a beginner's sewing machine and/or any tips to help me along the way? I thought about this Singer machine and this Michley, but the bad reviews scare me. Of course, for a beginner the price is right.  Maybe I need this too.

Have you entered the August giveaway? You have {FOUR} chances to win so don't miss out! 

A note on Landon's invitation - Jessica made the card clean, modern and groovy with the great chevron design. The Scooby Doo graphic was added by me. 

1 comment :

  1. Amazing how simple it can be to communicate with people and have them understand a certain topic, you made my day.

    Princess Party Planner

    ReplyDelete