SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Recap



We had the most amazing day yesterday. It honestly could not have been any better if it had been scripted. I woke up around 6am, got up quietly, did my hair and makeup and made coffee. I watched the sun coming up as I drank my coffee and enjoyed an hour of peace and solitude...pure bliss I'm telling ya. The simple things... I even had a few minutes to spend trying to beat level 30 on Candy Crush {yep, I finally caved, but that's another story}.

Landon woke up around 7:30, ready to fix breakfast for his daddy. We spread out a blanket and enjoyed a breakfast picnic on the family room floor ~ cinnamon rolls, sausage and orange juice. It was so much fun. Landon was so excited to give daddy his gift ~ a new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie. He's just so precious.
 
Later in the day, we headed to my mom's house for a family cookout. Mike's parents and sister were there too. We spent the day on the patio and Landon spent the day in the pool. Mike and his brother grilled steaks and they were AMAZING! We grill steaks a lot, so I'm not sure what made these different, but they were just that good. We did switch from our usual barbecue sauce and used Cattleman's Kansas City. So good ~ it caramelized nicely on the steaks. We ended the day with ice cream cake and banana pudding. We got home around 8pm and Landon was sound asleep by 8:15. 

I love this picture I got of Landon and Mike. Don't you love the matching shirts? It's a family set - mine has a heart instead of the tie. I ordered them from Chic Couture Boutique on etsy. Mike just shakes his head... *wink


Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment