SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Planting Pumpkins


We planted pumpkins yesterday. It's a bit late in the season, but of the two types we planted, one harvests within 95 days. I have a few plans to help them along (details on one little trick to come). Of course, Landon will be thrilled with even the smallest harvest - just enough to carve a few jack-o-lanterns. When I told him what we'd be planting, his eyes got very big and he exclaimed "You mean we're going to make a pumpkin pie?! Oh boy, yummy for my tummy!"  He's so funny!  I really am hoping to make a pumpkin pie though - this variety that we planted is supposed to be great for cooking. 

I love that he's so excited about this project. He's really taking ownership of it, making sure he's the one to water our plants every night. It's a great way to teach him responsibility and help him experience the wonders of watching a tiny little seed grow into something so big.  It's also a great way for sharing with him how God grows in our hearts. From the tiniest seed planted, big things can happen.

Keep up with our pumpkin growing here and on Instagram. I'm Toniathc

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment