SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 18, 2015

five on friday

Hooray for Friday! I'm happy to be linking up with Five on Friday this week. Let's get right to it! 
 

I finally gave in and ordered a new oven. We went with this one from Home Depot. I had planned on getting a bigger oven later on, but since we just did the bathroom remodel and didn't want another big expense, we decided to go with the same size to keep cost down. I'll be so glad to put our toaster oven away and do some real fall baking. That said, I'm also glad Mike picked up a toaster oven on clearance after Christmas last year. It's been a lifesaver and I've baked more in it than I ever thought possible, including meatloaf. I'll post more about the new oven next week, along with some baking tips I've recently come across. 
 
Landon and I listen to CDs on our way to school and back every day. We have several kid's worship CDS and lots of CDs for Christmas, but nothing for Halloween. I ordered this and this from Amazon yesterday. We'll enjoy these for a while before it's time for Christmas music. Who can't help but love Monster Mash?! It was a graveyard smash after all. 
 

I'm working on learning to crochet. I got a new hook and some yarn, so I'm ready to go. I've been watching some beginner videos on YouTube and they are great. I don't imagine myself making sweaters, but I'd love to be able to do a small afghan and some cute little hats. It's a relaxing way to spend the evening. Do you have any favorite YouTube crochet videos?
 


If you follow me on Instagram (I'm ToniaTHC), you'll know I've become slightly addicted to pistachios. I discovered my love for them a few years ago and hate to think of all the pistachio-eating years I've missed. But don't worry - I'm definitely making up for lost time. And I may or may not have the tiniest sore spot on my right finger from cracking the shells. Sigh...

:: via ::

Cozy fall days just call for a big pot of soup. I'm making this from Damn Delicious tomorrow. I love getting Pasta E Fagioli from Olive Garden and I'm sure this will be just as good, if not better. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm going to serve it with cornbread muffins. Yum! 


Have a great weekend!!
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

 

3 comments :

  1. yay for a new oven! we got a new dishwasher last week, and I never knew I could get so excited over an appliance ;) that soup looks delicious - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous that you are leaning to crochet! I think there is nothing that sounds more relaxing than sitting on the couch after a long day with some reality TV and a ball of yarn and crochet hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun learning to crochet! It's one of my favorite things to do. So relaxing and productive. I'm no pro, but I'm to the baby blanket level with no desire to go further ;-)

    ReplyDelete