SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

on the porch


We spend a lot of time on our front porch. It's especially great now that the days are a bit cooler. 


I was wanting to make the porch look a little cozier for fall, including new cushions, but our budget has been stretched to the max {and then some} this month with our bathroom redo and new oven. So new cushions and pillows were not going to happen. That said, our old cushions looked horribly worn, so something had to be done. 


I remembered two duvets I'd got on sale at Pottery Barn ~ the Vanessa pattern in red ~ and knew it would be the perfect choice. Bright but warm colors and heavy, durable fabric. And FREE! I grabbed the cushions from the porch, my scissors and a box of 2" safety pins and got to work. I'm definitely no seamstress, but you can do great things with safety pins. I wrapped the cushions tightly in the fabric and secured to the underside of the cushion with the pins, just like wrapping a gift almost. I pinned right into the cushion for extra tightness. I could not be happier with how this project turned out. It took me less than an hour to cover two cushions, two pillows and two bolster pillows.  

I still have a few finishing touches to add. I'll post some more pictures on Friday when I have everything finished.

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment