SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, October 16, 2015

five on friday

Happy Friday! I can't believe how fast the month of October is slipping by. I'm happy to be linking up with Five on Friday again today. Let's get right to it!




Mike and I just spent five glorious days at the beach celebrating our anniversary. We had so much fun just being together. We spent most of our time relaxing in our beach chairs and playing in the ocean. The water was amazingly clear and I was able to let go of my past encounters with jellyfish and actually enjoy the waves. 



We also enjoyed some great food. My favorite was this amazing seared scallops dish from Landry's. Seared scallops, crab orzo, wilted garlic spinach and blistered grape tomatoes on top of corn fondue. You guys!! It was so good, I cannot quit thinking about it. I'm going to try to recreate it at home very soon. 


I've been looking for a lightweight foundation, something a little heavier than a tinted moisturizer, but not too heavy. I think I found exactly what I'm looking for with this Mary Kay CC Cream. I got the "Very Light" shade and it's working perfectly. It's a good size tube and the price isn't bad at $20.

I got an email a few days ago from Mrs. Meyers about the orange clove scented products. I've never tried any of the Mrs. Meyers products, but decided to order the kitchen basics gift set. I've been looking for natural cleaning products and clove is one of my absolute favorite holiday scents. I'm pretty picky about what I use to clean, so I'll be sure to let you know if I like it. There's also a cranberry fragrance if orange clove isn't your favorite.



I picked up some Halloween bingo cards last week. Landon is excited to play tonight for our family game night tonight. I can't remember if I picked mine up at Target or Michael's, but this is the same set available at Amazon. 


With all we've had going on, I'm a slow reader this month. I'm still reading The Candy Corn Murder by Leslie Meier. It's a fun, seasonal cozy mystery. If you want to join me, it's available here on Amazon or your local library. Let me know if you're reading along. I'm still working on getting our online book club started. 


Have a great weekend! 
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png 


Post a Comment