SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, November 27, 2015

Five on Friday

Happy Friday! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a great day with our family, eating, catching up laughing and just enjoying being together. And now we're moving on to Christmas.  I'm joining up with Five on Friday again this week. Here we go!



I'm putting up our tree later today. Here's my mock-up of how it will look. I got some great vintage green and blue satin balls on ebay and etsy to go with my white ones. I did this little mock-up in photoshop just to see how my colors will work together. I finally got my new drapes hung and I'm pulling all my colors from them.  I can't wait to see how everything comes together.


Remember these trees I shared with you last week from Pottery Barn? I passed on them because they are a little pricey, but found these at Lowes and a few other great options at HomeGoods. Just as pretty and so much more affordable.  I'll show you the ones I chose when I share some pictures of our Christmas decor next week. 

via




Mora Clocks are new to me. I saw one on instagram the other day from one of my favorites - (@frommyfrontporchtoyours) and, oh my goodness, I'm in LOVE. The mustard gold color would look perfect in our living room.  I would love to find one like hers. The blue ones are nice also.   Another item to add to my "lookout list". 



I'm not sure how I feel about leggings or skinny jeans, but I couldn't resist ordering these from Nordstrom. They look so comfortable and will be great for running errands or just hanging around the house.  I'm also thinking of pairing them with boots and a black tunic for an evening out. Lots of possibilities!




Do you have a tree like this? Almost everyone I know has one. I have one that was passed down from my dad's mom. I've been thinking of a way to modernize it and make it blend in with my decor. I really like the lights on this version. I'm also tempted to try my hand at making it look like mercury glass - with spray paint and a water/vinegar mixture I've seen on Pinterest. I hesitate because I don't want it ruined if it doesn't work out. 

Have a great holiday weekend. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram (I'm toniaTHC) for some great Christmas prints we'll have up early next week

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png 
 

Post a Comment