SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, February 11, 2016

red velvet cheese ball

 
Love is in the air! I'm sharing my last Valentine's dessert recipe today. I first discovered Red Velvet Cheese Ball back in 2012 after seeing it on Taste and Tell. It's the perfect dessert to take along to a Valentine's party or to have at home. It's  easy to make and you can whip it up in no time. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips for mine, but white chocolate chips would be pretty too. Serve with vanilla wafers, graham crackers or even Oreos. It's great with Nabisco chocolate wafers, but those are hard to find.

 
 
I know I'm probably behind the times with these, but I am in LOVE with the Mugsy stickers on Facebook. What a cutie Mugsy is! My sister and I can have a complete conversation using nothing but these stickers. So fun!  The face palm is my favorite.

Red Velvet Cheese Ball
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the cake mix, brown sugar and powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.

Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Shape into a ball and refrigerate for at least two hours.

Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in chocolate chips and place on serving plate. Serve with cookies/crackers.

Note - the rolling in chocolate chips can be a bit messy. I kept the bottom in plastic wrap as I dipped/rolled and it worked fine.

Have a great day. Don't forget to stop by The Hillbilly Chicks on Facebook. Tomorrow is the last day to enter to win a copy of Joanne Fluke's Wedding Cake Murder. 
 
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment