SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 21, 2016

blueberry cornbread muffins

 
I absolutely love cornbread.  A few weeks ago I saw a picture of blueberry cornbread muffins and  they have been in the back of my mind ever since. I had some blueberries leftover from regular muffins, so I decided to try these out. I mixed up my regular cornbread recipe and folded the blueberries in at the very end. I was pleased with how they turned out. They are not quite as sweet as a regular muffin, so I think I'll sprinkle some sugar on top before baking next time.  They are perfect for breakfast spread with some butter or drizzled with honey.




Blueberry Cornbread Muffins

Yields 12 muffins
1 package cornbread mix (6 ounces)
1 cup self-rising flour
1 egg
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cups buttermilk
1 pint of blueberries

Preheat oven to 425. Grease muffin tin - set aside. Combine all ingredients except blueberries; mix well. Gently fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Sprinkle tops with coarse sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until muffins are golden on top.

Enjoy!  

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment