SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 26, 2016

five on friday

Happy Friday!! We're officially back to school and getting settled into our new routine. We've got an exciting birthday-filled weekend  coming up, starting today. And I'm linking up with Five on Friday again. Here we go! 



Today is my mom's birthday. You guys, this woman is my rock. She is nothing short of amazing and I love her to pieces. We're celebrating tonight with a family dinner and cake. My sister is making her famous chocolate raspberry cake with chocolate ganache. Yum!! Goodness, there's lots of cake in my weekend. But I'm not complaining. 


Tomorrow is Landon's birthday. How is he SEVEN?!?!  Time flies by and all week long I've found myself having those "last xyz as a 6-year old" type moments. This morning I held him on my lap while we watched Tom & Jerry before school and I wondered just how many more times he'd want me holding him.  But enough sad thoughts. To celebrate, we're going to Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and games and then it's back home for cake, ice cream and gifts. (see - more cake). We got him this cute little magic kit and I know he's going to love putting on a show. 



If you've read here for a while, you know I can't resist cute pajamas for Landon. Yesterday I got these on Pottery Barn Kids for $16.50 and I had a coupon for 15% off. Hooray for good deals.  And since Christmas is always closer than you think, I love feeling like I'm a step ahead. 



Tastefully Simple just introduced their fall/winter line, including this pumpkin caramel sauce. I am so excited and can't wait til mine gets here. If it's as good as I think, I'm sure I'll be stocking up. They also have the pumpkin bread and pumpkin cheese ball. Hooray for all things pumpkin!! 




And because it wouldn't be Five on Friday if I didn't include a book... I was lucky enough to receive an advance copy of Christmas Caramel Murder by Joanne Fluke. The latest installment in the Hannah Swensen series, it's due to be released on Sept. 27th.  I like this series because it's light and fun without being too fluffy.  I'll be giving away two copies, so check back for details.


Have a great weekend!
 Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png




Post a Comment