SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 2, 2016

five on friday


Happy September! It's officially fall in my world.  I'm spending the weekend doing a bit of cleaning and switching our house over to all things autumn. And I'm sure I'll be in the kitchen whipping up some pumpkin goodness.  I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week. Let's jump right in.


I love little touches of leopard print, so when Fancy Ashley blogged about these perfect leopard print Uggs from Nordstrom, I knew they would be the perfect fall sneaker for me.  I'm so excited to get them, but they are on back order with a shipment date of Sept. 23rd. Better late than never, right?

My mother-in-law got me a Temp-Tations pumpkin tureen and soup bowls for Christmas last year. I honestly wasn't sure what I'd do with it because I usually just serve soup from the pot. Last week I had a great idea of how to use the complete set as fall centerpiece.  I'll share a picture of that later this week, so I hope it turns out as nice as I'm imagining. The tureen (without the bowls) is on clearance right now.


Now that it's officially fall, I'm already thinking about Halloween decorations. I got a catalog in the mail last week and this Ghostly Bowl caught my eye. I'd never heard of Country Door before, but I think I just might order this. I'm going to look around and see if I can find it cheaper than $34.99 though. I really like these too. 



My mom got me this set of bowls from QVC. They are amazing! The lids lock in place and since they are nesting, you don't have to worry about how to store them. The largest bowl also has a handle. I've been using it for all my summer salads. The set is on sale right now for under $25.




And now for my literary selection for this edition of Five on Friday... Didn't that sound fancy?? Ha. If you're looking for something to get you in the fall/Halloween spirit, pick up Candy Corn Murder (A Lucy Stone Mystery) by Leslie Meier. This is the latest in another fun, light mystery series I've been reading since it first came out. The books are set in the fictional town of Tinker's Cove, Maine and are always a really a fun read. There's two earlier Halloween books in the series as well.


Have a great weekend!

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png 


Post a Comment