SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 30, 2016

five on friday

Hooray for Friday!! We made it through another week. We're getting some rain and cooler weather here, so it's finally beginning to feel like fall. We don't have anything planned for the weekend. I'm going to work on getting our Halloween decorations out and Landon has a new movie on Netflix that he's been wanting to watch.  Sounds like the perfect lazy weekend to me. I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week. Let's get right to it...



Landon is into all things spooky right now. I've always let him watch gently scary shows like Scooby Doo, but he was wanting something a bit scarier. I decided to let him watch a few episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark and he was instantly hooked. We've ended up buying all the available seasons on Amazon Instant Video. I loved this show myself when I was younger, so it's fun to get to watch all the episodes again. We've also been watching Deadtime Stories, which is good too. 



 
I got this picture to hang up during the month of October and I'm completely in love with it.  It's called The Witches of Black Mountain by Ann Stookey. You can find the details here, including how I get a canvas look for a much more affordable price. 


I've been looking for a new hairdryer. Last week I read about this one and I think it might just be "The One".   I've never spent quite so much for a hairdryer, but it's not something you have to buy very often.  Plus I LOVE the pink color.  The only thing I don't like about having my hair long is how long it takes to dry. If this cuts down on drying time, it will be money well spent. I'll let you know how it works.


There's nothing like plaid when it comes to decorating for fall.  I found these cute plaid pillows at Target. They match our floral porch cushions, so I got two of them to go on our rocking chairs.  I need to find two matching throws to put on the chair backs.



And now for some book news... Mike and I are going on a little getaway for our anniversary soon.  I'm taking a few books along and I also purchased Firefly Beach to read on the Kindle app. A friend recommended it and it sounds pretty interesting. The reviews are kind of split, so I'll give it a try and let you know if it's a must-read.   I think this sounds pretty good too.


Have a great weekend!
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png



Post a Comment