SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 29, 2016

savor

  ~ SAVOR ~  
to delight in :  enjoy <savoring the moment>  
 
Art Print by Heather Stillufsen

I start thinking about my word for the new year sometime in December.  I don't really like to make resolutions, because why set yourself up for disappointment? But I do like to have a word that kind of wraps itself around our life at the moment. This year I've decided that my word will be SAVOR. The transitive verb definition defines savor as to delight in, enjoy, savor the moment.  But so many times I'm guilty of doing the exact opposite of savoring.  I'm a planner/follow-the-schedule type girl, always thinking ahead to the next thing on my list and it's really hard for me to go with the flow and just relax in the moment.  Instead of enjoying the quiet and cozy stillness late Christmas evening, I was pinning Valentine ideas.  Instead of playing UNO one more time yesterday,  I needed to mop the kitchen floor.  Not exactly savoring...  But days are going by in a hurry and I don't want to miss out on anything because I couldn't slow down and just enjoy the moment.  I have to learn to do just that, or I will miss out.  

So in 2017, I intend to savor the people I love and the time I have to spend with them.  That means letting some things go and making some changes to my "to-do" list and daily routine, but I'm OK with that.  I'm looking forward to it.  

Hoping your 2017 is everything you hope for. Savor it!!

Cheers!
 
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment