SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 20, 2017

five on friday


Hooray for Friday! We've had a rainy but warm week here. And tomorrow we're looking at 70*. Landon is excited to get outside and on his skateboard. And any time I can wear flip flops in January, I'm a happy girl. I'm joining up with Five on Friday again this week. Let's jump right in...
I've been seeing this Volcano candle a lot on Instagram, so I decided to get one for myself. I love a lightly scented candle flickering; it makes the house seem so cozy.  Mine arrived on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to lighting it this evening. 


I know we're far from spring, but this unseasonably warm weather has my mind thinking ahead to nice days on the porch. I need some new wind chimes, so when someone was talking about these the other day, I looked them up. I'd love to have a set. The sound/melody is supposed to be reminiscent of Amazing Grace.  My grandma would have loved these. Sitting on the porch with her is one of my favorite memories.


Mike and I are having movie night tonight once Landon is in bed. We're going to watch Annabelle. We love a good scary movie and this one has been recommended by a few friends. I can't believe we haven't watched it before.

 
I don't have a special recipe today, but I do want to share a product I love. It's  Better Than Bouillon Premium Roasted Beef Base. I use it in my pepper steak, vegetable soup, to thin out Beef Stroganoff leftovers, green beans...just so many different things. It really is so much better than bouillon. I keep one in the refrigerator, along with the chicken base. Definitely 5 stars!  I get mine at Kroger, but it's available at all grocery stores and online. 

 

And for book news... I was able to get an advance copy of Banana CreamPie Murder (A Hannah Swensen Mystery), the latest in the series by Joanne Fluke. That's what I'll be reading this weekend. I also have two copies to give away, so follow me on Instagram for details on how to win. I'm ToniaTHC. 


Have a great weekend!
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png





Post a Comment