SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, April 21, 2017

five on friday

Hooray for Friday! It's my birthday weekend (Sunday) and we're leaving for vacation later next week.  I'm excited to get this weekend started. I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week. Let's jump right in.

 
 
We're grilling out at my sister's house tomorrow evening. We're going to have hot dogs, a few yummy sides and my birthday dessert. My mom is fixing my favorite strawberry pretzel jello dessert. I LOVE the combination of salty and sweet. I don't know exactly which recipe she uses, but if you Google the name, lots of recipes/versions will come up.  Back to the hot dogs for a moment - we like ours with chili, slaw and onion. That's a true WV Dog. What's your favorite hot dog fixins'?

 
 
This little guy lost his fourth tooth yesterday. His teeth have been slow to fall out and he was so excited to finally loose a front tooth. How funny is that face?! Oh, he melts this momma's heart.

 
 
I treated myself to a little early birthday gift today. My go-to bag is my Vera Bradley Betsy in Very Berry Paisley. I wanted a small wallet to take on vacation instead of my larger one, so I found this cute little matching tri-fold on eBay. Brand new with tags and under $20.  I love a good deal!

 
I was in Target earlier this week picking up a few things we need for our upcoming beach trip. Besides our usual sunblock, I also picked up a bottle of Sun Bum.  It smells so good! I'll let you know how it works.

 
 
 
And now in book news... 
 
I like to use vacations as a time to read some old favorites and catch up on my magazines. Vacation is all about relaxing after all. That means my stack of beach books may look something like the picture above.   Book news will be back on May 12th with my top summer picks. 
 
Have a great weekend!!
 
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png 
 
 

1 comment :

  1. I love the mix of salty and sweet in foods too. As for hot dogs, we typically opt for ketchup and relish at home. But there's this hot dog place nearby makes one with chili, cheddar, bacon and fried onions on top and it's divine. I get it every time we go.

    ReplyDelete