SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

tiramisu macarons




I had a little bit of time on Sunday to whip up some  Macarons. I decided to go with a Tiramisu version just because it sounded good. And, oh my goodness, were they good.  The shell has a little bit of espresso powder mixed in and the filling is marscapone and heavy cream. It's hard to go wrong with that combination.


So many people want to try macarons, but are too scared of failure. I say go for it.  I'm certainly no expert, but I've made them four times now and they've turned out each time.  My batter has looked different enough each time that I'm sure it's my fail batch, but I'm still four for four.  And a friend paid me the best compliment I could have asked for and said these tasted just as good as the macrons she ate in Paris. Just WOW to hearing that.


For these tiramisu macarons, I used this recipe.  If you decide to try macarons for the first time, here's my advice.


// Read several macaron recipes to find the one that makes the most sense to you. Even though the ingredients are basically the same, the writing style of the directions can make a difference in how competent you feel trying these out.  


// Use a food scale.



I hope you'll give macarons a try. They are so worth it!



Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png 

Post a Comment