SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 28, 2017

five on friday

Hooray for Friday! We're on vacation next week and have a few fun day trips planned. School starts back up in a few weeks (BOO!!!), so we wanted to sneak in one last week of family fun. I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week. Let's jump right in. 


We're going out for pizza with the family this evening. Frank's Pizza in Montgomery is one of our favorites. Landon likes sausage and cheese, so we'll get that and one with everything. I haven't had pizza for a while, so I can't wait. 



We're headed to Durbin later in the week to ride "The Durbin Rocket". Landon is so excited. His last train ride was when we rode the Polar Express a few years ago, so he's really looking forward to this. It's two hours round trip, which I think is just perfect. And the train itself is powered by a very rare steam locomotive – Old #3, one of only three operating Climax geared logging locomotives on earth! You can read more about the train here.

 

Did you shop the Nordstrom sale? I got just a few things and have to say not much tempted me this year. I did get this shirt in ivory and black, this throw in pearl blue for the family room and two of these signs (one for my sister). The signs weren't part of the annual sale, but they were still marked down almost 50%. Oh, I also went back the next day and ordered these jeans. 


For the past few months I've been buying pictures and accents for our living room. Our walls have been pretty bare because I could never really find or afford what I wanted. I shared one picture last week and here's another set of prints I found at Country Door. I love the muted colors and vintage look. I got these for half price, which always makes me happy.  It looks like they are out of stock now, but they may be back soon. I'm hoping to get the room pulled together in the next few weeks. Then I'll share how everything came together.

 

And in book news this week... Yesterday I received an advance copy of Turkey Trot Murder, the latest in the Lucy Stone Mystery series by Leslie Meier. I've been reading this series for a while now and it's definitely one of my favorites.  It's set in Maine in a little town called Tinker's Cove and you really feel like you're there from the author's description. If you like cozy mysteries, give this series a try. 

Have a great weekend!
- Tonia

 

Post a Comment