SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 29, 2017

five on friday

Hooray for Friday! Goodness, what a week it's been. I'm looking forward to a relaxing, but fun and busy weekend. I'm linking up with Five on Friday this week. Here's a peek at what's going on around here. 



Mike & I are headed to the beach next week for our anniversary getaway. We'll be celebrating 19 years of wedded bliss. How have we been married that long?! I truly can't imagine a day without him by my side. I give God all the glory for our marriage and the love that keeps us happy and strong. We're not making lots of plans and will just go with the flow most of the week. I did make dinner reservations at one place - Wicked Tuna. I cannot wait to get to that Ahi Tuna. Yum!


I have a confession to share with you all. I am crazy about these Go-Mart potato wedges. Yep, gas station food. We went to see my mother-in-law Wednesday evening and the Go-Mart we pass is one of the few that still sells them. Any time we drive past, you can bet I'm stopping. And I may or may not have emailed the home office to get a list of all the locations in WV that have them. Mike got tired of me stopping to run in every Go-Mart we passed if we were traveling. They are just that good. If you're a local and want a copy of that email, just let me know. 

 

Ya'll know about my pajama addiction for Landon. Well, this time I bought some cute pajamas for mommy. These owl print pajamas are so soft and fit perfectly. They are packed and ready to go on our anniversary getaway. I also got this because sometimes it's fun to be fancy.

 

Landon loves Mad Libs and the Charlie Brown Halloween special, so I picked these up at Walmart earlier this week. He still struggles a bit with his reading, so we're working really hard to encourage him and make sure his self-esteem doesn't suffer. We'll be adding a few more new books to our Halloween collection, so I'll probably do another post to share those.


And now for more book news... If you've been reading here for a while, you know I love cozy mysteries. I got an advance copy of Turkey Trot Murder by Leslie Meier, the latest in the Lucy Stone Mystery series. I've been saving it for fall and it's packed in my bag and ready for beach reading. For our fall getaways, I always like to read an autumn or Christmas-centered mystery and holiday recipe magazines or cookbooks. It really puts me in a festive spirit.  If you're looking for a new series, give this one a try. Be sure to start from the beginning so you can watch Lucy's family grow up as the series goes on.

 
Have a great weekend! If you want to see snippets of our getaway, follow along on Instagram - I'm tonia_thc.





Post a Comment