SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 9, 2010

Cherry Cheese Pie



I first had Cherry Cheese Pie back in the late 70's when my aunt Trudy made it for Thanksgiving. My sister & I weren't quite sure what to think of it. I can still see us sitting there at the kid's table my mom set up, both of us carefully scraping off the cherry topping to eat, leaving the filling & crust behind. Now it's one of my favorite desserts & also one of the easiest you could make.

I gave Landon a taste of the filling after I mixed it up & he loved it. I also gave him a taste with the cherry topping last night too. His face just lights up when he experiences new flavors. I am so hoping he will not be a picky eater.

Cherry Cheese Pie
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 or 9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
1 (21 oz.) can cherry pie filling, chilled

Instructions
Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust; chill 4 hours or until set. Top with desired amount of cherry pie filling before serving.

Post a Comment