SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Breadstick Bones


I received an email from Pillsbury last week & it featured a recipe for bone-shaped breadsticks. I am going to make these for our Halloween party on Saturday, so I decided to do a practice run first. I think they  turned out pretty well.  I skipped the seasonings since we were eating these wiith chili, but am going to sprinkle with Tastefully Simple Garlic Garlic and parmesan on Saturday.

Breadstick Bones
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated breadsticks
1 egg white, beaten
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 can (8 oz) pizza sauce , heated (I used marinara sauce)

Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Unroll dough; separate at perforations into 6 breadsticks. Roll each until 12 inches long. Loosely tie knot in both ends of each breadstick; place on cookie sheet (do not twist).

Brush breadsticks with egg white. Sprinkle with cheese and basil.

Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm "bones" with warm pizza sauce for dipping.

1 comment :

  1. I love it! I linked you to my blog--http://ladycreate-a-lot.blogspot.com/2012/10/halloween-gory-feast.html

    ReplyDelete