SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Happy Anniversary {and Happy Birthday}

Today is a pretty important day in our family. For one, it's our 12 year wedding anniversary. I know, 12 years. It seems like we've been together forever & I don't know what I would do without my WoNdErFuL husband. Mike is truly amazing & I'd be lost without him. And watching him be a dad is just the best thing in the world. We are so blessed. Thank you God! 

Today is also the day my grandparents were married. Mike & I were married on what would have been their 50th wedding anniversary. We lost my grandpa back in 1997 & mama passed away on February 20th of this year, so she's been on my mind a lot lately. They were not wealthy people (papa was a coal miner), but they had a strong & enduring love that is such an inspiration to me.

And another reason this day is important...it's the day my niece Ally was born. What a great anniversary present she was. She is such a sweetheart & has a heart of gold. I call her an old soul because it just seems to suit her. She's like my very own mini-me. We love all the same things & always have a great time together.

So in honor of this special day, I'm just going to post a few favorite pictures. And then we're on our way to my mom's for a pot roast dinner - it's mine & Ally's favorite meal. Thanks Mom!





And thanks to God for the gift of family.

Post a Comment