SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, December 2, 2010

There's No Place Like Home {for the holidays}...

I'm so excited... We are actually spending a holiday at HOME!!!  Christmas at home!  It's important to me & Mike both that Landon's Christmas memories are centered around home, as they should be.

It's going to be a bit strange because Mike & I have never spent a Christmas at home, just the two of us. We usually go to my sister's house to open gifts with the family, have dinner & spend time visiting with my niece. After dinner we would go visit with Mike's family for a few hours & head for home late in the evening. But like the old saying goes, a baby changes everything. =)  And even though I'm very excited about our new tradition, I'm a little sad at the same time. My mom reminded me {only half teasing} that it would be the first time in my life that I've not been at her table for Christmas dinner. But she understands. After all, she's the one who made our Christmases so great that I want the same for Landon. Thanks mom!

I'm making plans for our big day. We'll spend Christmas Eve at my mom's with all the family, including Mike's parents, then we'll spend Christmas at home. I've ordered a small standing rib roast for dinner (my first) & am planning a nice dinner for us. But, of course, the day wouldn't be complete without seeing our families at all, so I've invited everyone for dessert later in the evening.

Post a Comment