SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes


I love having dinner at mom's. We had a family dinner there on Sunday and mom made her wonderful pot roast {one of my top 5 Favorite Things}. It's so good it's beyond words. But even more wonderful than the food {and it's hard for me to say that} is the joy that comes from us all just being together. There is nothing I love more than time with my family and watching Landon interact with his grandparents. 

I made chocolate cupcakes for dessert and topped them with a light and creamy peanut butter frosting.  The frosting has a good peanut butter flavor without being too rich. For the cupcakes, I used my favorite Martha Stewart recipe, One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes. I piped on the frosting &  topped each cupcake with a tiny Reeses cup. They were the perfect ending to a great meal.
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar

Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable. Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy.

Have you entered my March giveaway yet? If not, click here to enter now!

1 comment :

  1. Oh my these look decadent..... so true it is time spent with family that is so precious.

    ReplyDelete