SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, August 19, 2011

A New School Year


Can you believe the girl in this picture is starting 6th grade today? Yes, Ally is officially in middle school. I'm so excited for my niece to begin this new chapter in her life. It's such an exciting time for young girls. So many new things to experience.


Of course, I also feel more than a bit nervous for her. It's such a new environment for her to be in. And kids have so much more to deal with than we did. There are so many pressures to fit in, to be cool and have the latest gadgets. And so many more ways to be bullied. Goodness, life seemed so much simpler back when I was in middle school.


But Ally is a smart girl and her parents have raised her well. And as long as she keeps her eyes on Jesus, I know she'll do fine.

The best words I can give my little mini-me for this new chapter in her life...

“Stop comparing yourself to other people. When you compare yourself to others, you end up either feeling that you’re better than they are, or feeling bad about yourself. Neither of those things is what I want for you."

"I created each of My children with unique talents. And I have given each of you your own road to follow. So it is useless to compare yourself to someone else – that person has a completely different path to follow."

"When you want to feel good about yourself, remember how much I love you. Remember that I made you just the way I want you to be. And remember that I died so you could have My salvation. You are a jewel in My crown.” 

Aren't those inspiring? They are written for kids but they still touch my soul. Source - Jesus Calling: 365 Devotions For Kids

Post a Comment