SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

"...forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before..." Philippians 3:13

Happy New Year! Mike & I actually stayed up until 12:10 to bring in the new year {and then we shuffled off to be like the old folks we really are}.

I'm so excited to get this year going. I feel fresh and renewed, ready for great and wonderful things. God has so many blessings for us, we just have to be ready to receive them.

Today is my sister's birthday so we're headed to her house for a family dinner. We got her a Kindle Fire and I can't wait for her to open it. Landon keeps pointing at her wrapped gifts and saying "Choo choo track momma, choo choo track"! Oh, how that boy melts my heart.  I think he's caught on to this gift thing.

We're having meatloaf and cabbage for dinner. Cabbage is our "good luck" food. We've kept the tradition of putting a silver dollar in and whoever gets it in their serving is supposed to have a prosperous year.  I sure am hoping I get it this year. Mike hates cabbage, but I always make ask him to eat just a bite for luck.

What are your New Year traditions? 

Post a Comment