SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 10, 2013

a note to landon


Sunday will be the fourth Mother's Day that I will celebrate as a mom. Before that Mother's Day was a day filled with dread for me. I enjoyed celebrating your grandma, but my heart ached to celebrate the day as a real momma. To feel sweet little arms wrapped around my neck; to hear the words "Happy Mother's Day" whispered in my ear.

And then God brought us you.  Just when I had  given up hope of ever realizing my dream, there you were. You came along and my heart was yours from the moment I saw you. And you were mine! 

I love being your mommy. I love showing you the world and seeing everything through your eyes. I love hearing you say momma or mommy. It's so fun to watch your personality develop ~ to see what makes you laugh and smile, what excites you, what scares you.  I love seeing your face light up with joy over the simplest things.  I love the way you jump on my lap for snuggles when it thunders.  Most of all, I just love YOU, my sweet, charming, wonderful boy! You've taught me so much about life...and about myself.

There are times when I think I'm doing everything right as your mommy and then there are the times I wonder if I'm doing anything right. One thing I have learned for certain is that when you are a mommy, you just have to let go of perfect. And that's OK because at the end of the day, love really is all that matters. 

As you continue to grow, I have so many hopes and dreams for you Landon.  But my biggest hope is that your life be filled with joy, happiness, laughter and a love for Jesus. 

Thank you for making me a mommy, for making my dreams come true. I love you so very much and you will never know just how much you saved me! Always know that I love you and you are my true joy.


 photo momma.png 

Read  our  Baby Story

Post a Comment