SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 13, 2016

five on friday the 13th...

Happy Friday! Or should I say Happy Friday the 13th? I've always loved the superstition and air of spookiness that goes along with this day. And not only is it Friday the 13th, but also a full moon!! Is anyone else planning to watch old Friday the 13th movies tonight? Maybe we'll even get a thunderstorm.  Anyway, I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week. Let's get right to it.

 

We just got back from Myrtle Beach on Saturday. We had so much fun playing on the beach and in the ocean. We spent the entire week at the resort, just enjoying being together and lazy, leisure days. We did go out one day to do some shopping and visit the Hollywood Wax Museum. In the spirit of Friday the 13th, here's a picture of Landon with Jason. His expression is priceless!

 


Have you all tried the new Sara Lee Artesano bread? You guys!! This bread is seriously life-changing. I made garlic toast to go with our spaghetti earlier this week and I think I ate more bread than spaghetti. I just mixed about 5 tablespoons of softened salted butter with two squirts of Gourmet Garden garlic paste, spread evenly on 8 slices of bread and baked at 425 for about 10 minutes. The bottom was toasty and golden, but the top was perfectly soft.  Tomorrow I'm making cinnamon toast, which I'll share on the blog on Monday.

 

Now that my hair is longer, I love a good blowout that will last for a few days. Of course, it's not always practical or financially reasonable to go to the salon every week. That said, I'm loving the Herbal Essence Blowout Smooth line. I have lots of hair, but it's still fine and tends to get oily after one day. Since I've started using this, I can easily get two days, sometimes three. Definitely try it out if you're looking for something new. It works and it's not a budget-blower. And it smells pretty great too!

 

I know I mentioned Friday the 13th movies, but I'm really watching The Boy tonight. I'm going to get it OnDemand, but you can also get the DVD here. I've been waiting to see this since it hit theaters and I hope it's as good as I'm expecting it to be. I'll let you know.

 

I always like to take a few books along to the beach. This time I took Desilu: The Story of Lucille Ball & Desi Arnaz. I'm a big Lucy fan, so it was really interesting to read. Next week I'll be talking more about Murder Has Nine Lives, the newest book in the Jaine Austen series by Laura Levine, and giving details on a fun giveaway.

Have a wonderfully spooky Friday the 13th and a fabulous weekend!

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png




Post a Comment