SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

falling in love again (with nancy drew)

 
Saturday evening I was able to visit with an old friend. We got home from a day out with the family around 8pm and Landon wanted to play outside for a bit before bed. I sat on the porch while he played and read an old Nancy Drew book, The Witch Tree Symbol. I felt like I was 12 years old again, reading outside in the muggy evening heat as night fell.  It was wonderful!! Even though I'm older now, the books are just as good as I remember.  So good in fact that I've decided to revisit all my Nancy Drew favorites. It's a nice escape from the politics and sad daily news stories.

I've always enjoyed going back and reading books from my childhood and these are no exception. They are set in such a simpler time and the etiquette and manners displayed by the gang of River Heights is so refreshing.  I'm so glad I decided to pick these up again! 
 
Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png

Post a Comment