SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, July 29, 2016

five on friday


Hooray for Friday. Mike has next week off, so we're squeezing in some last summer days of fun before school starts. I can't believe how fast this summer has went by and I'm not looking forward to letting go of these easy and relaxed mornings.  I'm linking up with Five on Friday again this week. Here we go! 




We're going to the pool tomorrow and then having a low country boil for dinner....our favorite summer meal. After that it's CANASTA time. We love playing and squeeze in a few games whenever we can. Mike teams up with my mom and I team up with my sister.  It's so much fun! We play, talk, eat, laugh.  But you guys, I'm not going to lie...sometimes it gets UGLY.   I enjoy playing enough not to really care who wins, but everyone else, not so much.
  


Even though I don't smoke, whenever we play Canasta, I always feel like I need one of these. Ha!! I think it's because my dad's mom always had one beside her while she played cards. Just a bit of nostalgia I suppose. 

 

Landon picked out these cute shoes for his back-to-school sneakers. So fun and they are on sale right now! I'm hitting sales whenever I can because there is A LOT to buy for first grade. 
 


We went to a popular hot dog restaurant over the weekend, Hillbilly Hotdogs. It's near Huntington, WV in a little town called Lesage. It's a school bus turned restaurant that has even been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. They are famous for their Homewrecker, which thankfully Mike passed on. We did enjoy the regular hot dogs and the fried mushrooms were fantastic. It was a nice family road trip.
 
 

Now that fall baking season is almost here (hooray!!),  I'm wanting to get some new canisters to hold my baking staples. I want something that will hold an entire bag of flour and think this will work perfectly. I'm excited to get everything ready for pumpkin season. 



We needed some new lamps for our bedroom and I found these at Pottery Barn. A bit more than I wanted to pay, but the color goes perfectly with our new bedding.  I'm thinking about covering the shades with a floral fabric, but we'll see. I'm going to enjoy them as is for now. 

Have a great weekend!

Teal Signature photo Toniasig.png 

Post a Comment