SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, June 26, 2017

potato salad (just like mama used to make)

My grandma made the best potato salad and I'm always happy to make it for our family holidays or any time really. It's the perfect side dish and everyone always smiles when I put the bowl on the table. It's like my grandma is right there with us in spirit.

I love how easy this is to throw together and especially like that you don't have to peel the potatoes first.  I mix everything up in a huge roasting pan and then transfer it to a serving bowl before adding the sliced eggs and a dash of paprika on top. Be sure to stir really well and you'll get that perfect blend of diced and mashed potatoes that gives that wonderful creamy texture. Try this out for your 4th of July festivities. It's sure to become a fast family favorite.

Potato Salad (Just Like Mama's)
5 lbs Idaho Potatoes
Half Medium White Onion, finely chopped
Sweet Baby Wholes, small/medium chop
6 Hard-Boiled Eggs
Hellman's Mayonnaise
Yellow Mustard
Celery Salt
One teaspoon sugar

Boil potatoes with skin on in salted water, cook just until soft. Allow to cool. Peel and dice potatoes. Add a few tablespoons of pickle juice to potatoes. Peel and mash 3 or 4 eggs (leave rest for top).   Stir in mayonnaise, about a tablespoon of mustard, eggs, onion and pickles. Add celery salt and sugar to taste.  Taste and adjust accordingly.  Just before serving, slice remaining eggs and place on top, followed by a light sprinkle of paprika. (I was out of paprika when I made this for Father's Day as the photo shows). 

Enjoy!


Post a Comment