SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sugar Coated Pecans {Christmas Treats}


My friend Lynn gave me the recipe for her sugar-coated pecans a few years ago & I've been in love with them ever since. My mom doesn't think it's the Christmas season until I've given her a bag-ful. They are so easy to make & also make wonderful gifts.

SUGAR COATED PECANS
1 egg white
1 T water
1 lb pecan halves
1 c white sugar
3/4 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease one baking sheet. In mixing bowl whip together egg white & water til frothy. In a gallon baggie, mix together sugar, salt, cinnamon & nutmeg. Add pecans to egg white mixture stirring til evenly coated. Add nuts to baggie & toss pecans in sugar mixture til evenly coated. Spread nuts on baking sheet. Bake 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.

Post a Comment